About this Policy
This policy sets out how Aviation Art Gallery collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
Aviation Art Gallery and privacy
Aviation Art Gallery is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
What personal information is collected?
Aviation Art Gallery collects personal information to assist it and its related businesses to conduct their activities and provide the range of services they offer.
Personal information collected by Aviation Art Gallery may include:
- identification details, which may include name, birth date, gender, security questions and answers;
- bank account and credit account details;
- user ID's and passwords;
- services provided to you, including saved items and searches;
- business information, such as ABN and licence number;
- information submitted in placing an advertisement, for example aircraft details and pricing;
- information submitted in applying for a finance or insurance related product;
- information about the devices on which you visit the Aviation Art Gallery website, and your activities on those sites;
- third party account details (for example where you sign in through a social network);
- social profile information;
- records and content of communications with Aviation Art Gallery or any other person including records and content using Communications Services. Please note that such records and content may be stored and scanned by Aviation Art Gallery.
How is personal information collected?
Aviation Art Gallery collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information to Aviation Art Gallery in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise) for example when you create an advertisement on one of our websites;
- when you enquire about an item on one of our websites or in a contract with your business to provide you with our services;
- directly from you when you communicate with Aviation Art Gallery or any other person using Aviation Art Gallery Communications Services;
- from third parties such as:
- Aviation Art Gallery related companies; resellers of Aviation Art Gallery services and service providers to Aviation Art Gallery;
- operators of linked or served web sites, applications and advertising on the Aviation Art Gallery website;
- social networks where you choose to share that information when creating an account;
- from 3rd party data providers who have been directed by you to send us information on your behalf;
- through use of Aviation Art Gallery proprietary software in which personal information is stored;
- from organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
How is personal information used?
Your personal information may be used for the following purposes:
- to maintain appropriate business records
- to research, develop, improve and use within Aviation Art Gallery products and services;
- to pre-populate / customise / provide shortcuts on our websites;
- to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Aviation Art Gallery services;
- to generate statistics in relation to the Aviation Art Gallery website;
- for the purposes of feedback, reviews and ratings;
- to promote and market special offers and other services to you (if you do not want to receive these, please let us know by clicking here);
- for purposes connected with the operation of the Aviation Art Gallery website;
- for staff training and quality assurance;
- to personalise the site experience and / or the advertising you see when you visit sites within the Aviation Art Gallery website.
How is personal information disclosed?
Aviation Art Gallery may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Aviation Art Gallery. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
- Aviation Art Gallery staff and Aviation Art Gallery' related businesses;
- the public if you advertise with Aviation Art Gallery or use publicly available Communications Services;
- individuals and organisations that advertise with Aviation Art Gallery if you submit an enquiry or seek certain services through Aviation Art Gallery;
- depending on your enquiry these may include:
- private advertisers;
- licensed art dealers;
- art brokers;
- operators of Linked Sites;
- financial service providers;
- insurance service providers;
- art inspection service providers.
If you do not want Aviation Art Gallery to disclose your personal information to these individuals and organisations, you should not submit an enquiry.
outsourced service providers who assist Aviation Art Gallery to provide its services including:
- information technology providers;
- marketing and market research advisers; and
- professional advisers.
- entities to whom you request we send your information;
- resellers of Aviation Art Gallery services;
- organisations involved in a sale/transfer of Aviation Art Gallery assets, business or shares;
- to assist government or regulatory authorities or police;
- as we are required by law, for example pursuant to a subpoena or in accordance with unclaimed money legislation.
Maintaining personal information quality
Aviation Art Gallery strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date records. To facilitate this, please let us know if any of your details change. You may update certain personal information through your membership account (if you have one) or click here to contact us by email.
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal information, subject to a few exceptions provided by law. If you wish to access your personal information please Click here or on the "contact" link at the bottom of this page. Please remember to provide as much detail as you can as this will help us to find the information. There is no charge for this service, however you may be required to verify your identity before any information is released to you.
About security and personal Information
Aviation Art Gallery takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, but is generally stored electronically on Aviation Art Gallery’ systems.
Transfer of personal information outside of Australia
Dealing with Aviation Art Gallery anonymously
You may deal with Aviation Art Gallery anonymously by using a pseudonym, unless Aviation Art Gallery is required or authorised by law to deal only with an identified person, or it is impracticable for us to respond to you if you have not identified yourself.
What if you don't provide personal information?
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, Aviation Art Gallery may not be able to provide you with the full range of Aviation Art Gallery services.
Aviation Art Gallery, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the Aviation Art Gallery website, Aviation Art Gallery records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, and other referral information, device information and location, carrier, site interactions such as your access to website features, pages accessed, content, searching activities, lead submission, and files accessed and downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Such information collected by Aviation Art Gallery may be linked to other information Aviation Art Gallery holds about a user, compiling a complete profile about Aviation Art Gallery users’ browsing activities on the Aviation Art Gallery website.
Aviation Art Gallery uses “cookies” and other methods to collect and store the information set out above. A cookie is a small file that stays on your computer until, depending on whether it is a sessional or persistent cookie, you turn your computer off or it expires (this may be as little as 30 days or up 2 years, or longer in some cases). Cookies may be used by Aviation Art Gallery or by service providers engaged by Aviation Art Gallery to provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, remember the sites you visit on the Aviation Art Gallery website, measure and analyse usage of the Aviation Art Gallery website and for security. Persistent cookies may be used to identify the sites you visit on the Aviation Art Gallery website and to personalise the advertising that you see when you make future visits to that site or other sites. You may adjust your Internet browser settings to disable cookies. If cookies are disabled Aviation Art Gallery may not be able to provide you with the full range of Aviation Art Gallery services.
This site may use a web analytics service. A web analytics service may record visitor’s activities on the Aviation Art Gallery website, which may include mouse clicks, mouse movement, and scrolling activity performed on the Aviation Art Gallery website, user screen size, browser versions and other user experience based metrics. A web analytics service does not necessarily collect any personally identifiable information, including credit card information, that you enter in this website. If collected, we use the information collected by a web analytics service for analysing usability of the Aviation Art Gallery website and associated purposes.
Aviation Art Gallery may use a Net Ratings web analytics tools to measure and analyse internet usage on our the Aviation Art Gallery website. If used this service helps us measure and respond to our online consumers. The data collected does not identify a user personally.
What if I have a problem?
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please contact us.
Postal Address: PO Box 1880 Buderim, Queensland 4556 Phone: (07) 5408 2999 (Business Hours EST) Email: Click here to contact us.
Aviation Art Gallery treats complaints relating to privacy extremely seriously. If you submit a concern or complaint, we will endeavour to deal with it comprehensively and reach an outcome with which all parties are satisfied. If you would like further information about privacy in Australia, please review the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website.
How this policy changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.
Version 1.0 (1st February 2018)